Monday, May 18, 2020

Protected


Acts 9: 23 Now after many days were past, the Jews plotted to kill him. 24 But their plot became known to Saul. And they watched the gates day and night, to kill him. 25 Then the disciples took him by night and let him down through the wall in a large basket.

============

After the thief snatched my bank book, somehow I snatched it back and ran. “He’s running into a door” one of them shouted. When I got inside of the train-line office, I did not summon for help, I stayed by the door for a long while, until an adult walked though. “Is anyone out there?” I asked. “No” replied the adult. I felt safe to continue my route home.

  • Many times I have been in danger.
  • Many times I have been scared for my life.
  • Many times I have been in situations where I needed help.


Saul was now labeled as a troublemaker because he preached about JESUS. The church leaders and some of their misguided followers were not going to lose their power to someone preaching about JESUS. They plotted against Saul. BUT GOD protected him.

  • GOD wants me to know HE will protect me.
  • GOD wants me to be prepared to look out for those who try to harm me.
  • GOD wants me to understand that there are people who do not love HIM who may try to persecute me.


The world is cursed by GOD. HE threw the first humans out of the garden and placed an irrevocable curse on the world that enabled Satan to run loose, trying to harm those who believe in JESUS. BUT GOD did something amazing.

HE put my name and those who believe in HIM, in HIS hand before the world was ever made. HE sealed my eternal life with HIS death and rose from the grave to ensure I will be with HIM always. GOD protects me and I trust HIM even when harm falls on me.

  • Is someone harming you?
  • Do you need protection?
  • Will you allow GOD to protect you through the situation and trust HE has a plan, even for the difficulty you are facing?

No comments:

Post a Comment