Friday, May 29, 2020

Divine Appointment


Acts 10: 21 Then Peter went down to the men who had been sent to him from Cornelius, and said, “Yes, I am he whom you seek. For what reason have you come?”

22 And they said, “Cornelius the centurion, a just man, one who fears God and has a good reputation among all the nation of the Jews, was divinely instructed by a holy angel to summon you to his house, and to hear words from you.” 23 Then he invited them in and lodged them.
On the next day Peter went away with them, and some brethren from Joppa accompanied him.

============

Sitting on an airplane for the second time in my life, I looked out the window with amazement. “Do you know about JESUS?” was the strange question from the woman next to me. I was a kid traveling alone so I kept my conversation to a minimum. I don’t even know how I replied.

  • There have been many times when I have met people who spoke to me about GOD.
  • There have been many times when I needed to hear about GOD and someone was there at the right time and place.
  • There have been many times when I was simply marveling at the beauty of creation and GOD sent someone to talk to me about HIM.


After Peter tried to understand the divine vision, some men approached him and asked that he come with them. These armed guards could normally cause alarm, BUT GOD told Peter to go without hesitance. He obeyed. Cornelius, who summoned Peter, also had a divine vision.

  • GOD enjoys sending me to give HIS message.
  • GOD enjoys sending me to encourage someone.
  • GOD enjoys sending me to serve someone so they will believe in the ONE who sent me, namely JESUS.


“Be ready to speak about ME” is something GOD wants me to be prepared with. I mean HE wants me to see more opportunities to speak about HIM than the “right” ones. Waiting on the “right” opportunity seems to come less and less frequently. Soon I will find myself never mentioning JESUS name at all.

GOD wants me to have more divine appointments where the right person hears about JESUS at the right time in the right way. This means I need to be ready to speak about HIM at a moment’s notice. I accept GOD’s appointments top speak on HIS behalf.

  • Are you hesitant about speaking about JESUS?
  • When is the last time you have said “JESUS can save you” to someone versus implied words like prayer, faith and even the generic use of GOD?
  • Will you get confident and speak the name of JESUS so GOD will send you to more and more people today?


No comments:

Post a Comment