Friday, May 15, 2020

New Life Start


Acts 9: 20 Immediately he preached the Christ in the synagogues, that He is the Son of God.
21 Then all who heard were amazed, and said, “Is this not he who destroyed those who called on this name in Jerusalem, and has come here for that purpose, so that he might bring them bound to the chief priests?”

22 But Saul increased all the more in strength, and confounded the Jews who dwelt in Damascus, proving that this Jesus is the Christ.

============

Wanting to start over, I stopped doing the things that made me popular. I gave up a bunch of sins and started learning about GOD. With this being fresh and new, some friends invited me to participate in the old habits. “Should I try to convert them?”  I thought. I didn’t know what to say. I was scared.

  • When I started over I was not bold with the words of CHRIST.
  • When I started over I wanted to learn first before I spoke to anyone about JESUS.
  • When I started over I felt compelled to tell others but felt too embarrassed at my old actions.


Saul was healed of blindness and filled with the HOLY SPIRIT. He was so excited about what happened, that everything he learned about the prophecies made sense. He replaced the word GOD with JESUS and could speak with fervor. But there were many who were confused by the sudden change.

  • GOD understands when I immediately follow HIM.
  • GOD loves when I obey HIM immediately.
  • GOD enjoys my immediate belief, trust and faith in HIM.


Starting a new life in GOD can be difficult. I mean, the old friends and colleagues remember what was done last week, or maybe even last night. Family members may question “Why the sudden change?”

BUT GOD loves it. HE gives strength to those who put their hope in HIM. No shame or embarrassment comes from GOD. HE delights when I say “L love YOU LORD.” I am grateful for HIS acceptance.

  • Are you new to believing in GOD?
  • Are your old friends trying to keep you doing things that you know is wrong and harmful?
  • Will you let go of the old ways and allow GOD to direct you to where HE wants you to go, giving your life an everlasting purpose?


No comments:

Post a Comment