Thursday, May 21, 2020

Practice Makes Purpose


Acts 9 32 Now it came to pass, as Peter went through all parts of the country, that he also came down to the saints who dwelt in Lydda. 33 There he found a certain man named Aeneas, who had been bedridden eight years and was paralyzed. 34 And Peter said to him, “Aeneas, Jesus the Christ heals you. Arise and make your bed.” Then he arose immediately. 35 So all who dwelt at Lydda and Sharon saw him and turned to the Lord.

============

“Maybe I’ll hit a homerun” I said to myself at tryouts. This was probably my second or third time holding a bat in my life and I was only at little league tryouts because I went with a friend who’s life was baseball. I swung as hard as I could and missed hitting the ball every time. Laughter ensued. “Maybe next year” the coach said. This league was not an all participant league.

  • There were times when I wanted to be the best without practicing.
  • There were times when I wanted a miracle to happen without taking baby steps to getting better.
  • There were times when I had a false expectation that I could do something at an expert level without putting in any practice time.


Peter failed miserably with JESUS. He said he would not deny HIM, yet he did three times. BUT JESUS restored him. Peter went through all parts of the country teaching people about JESUS. As he went, his belief got stronger and stronger. He was filled with faith enough to speak the name of JESUS and heal people.

  • GOD wants me to speak about JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to believe in JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to have a simple message about JESUS.


I may not be at the expert level when it comes to healing people or driving out demons. BUT GOD still gives me purpose. HE wants me to practice my faith with the only goal being to point my life to HIM. If my goal is to become a mystical, powerful, supernatural being, I will fail.

GOD wants the spotlight and the simple message about HIM is sufficient. HE enjoys when I believe and encourage others to do the same. HE knows what miracle HE will produce by the simple message HE gives me. I believe in the power of the name of JESUS.

  • Are you trying to get GOD to do something for you but have not surrendered your life to HIM?
  • Do you think you can do anything under your own power?
  • Will you stop trying to be the center of attention and allow GOD to use you in small ways so one day HE may use you in large ways for HIS purpose?


No comments:

Post a Comment