Thursday, May 14, 2020

Purpose Filled


Acts 9 17 And Ananias went his way and entered the house; and laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” 18 Immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he received his sight at once; and he arose and was baptized.

19 So when he had received food, he was strengthened. Then Saul spent some days with the disciples at Damascus.

============

“Why do you want me to take notes in the meetings?” I inquired. “So people can get to know you” was the honest reply. I was being groomed to take on more responsibilities. I understood the purpose of the menial task.

  • There have been many times when I questioned the purpose of what I was doing.
  • There have been many times when I did not embrace the purpose of something until I understood it.
  • There have been many times when I made decisions with the wrong purpose and wound up with a mess.


JESUS sent Ananias to Saul. Ananias obeyed and fulfilled his purpose by laying hands on Saul. GOD used this action to heal Saul, showing him that HIS followers were meant to serve other  humans, not harm them.

  • GOD wants my life to be filled with HIS purpose.
  • GOD wants me to go out and reach many people with HIS great news about JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to make spreading HIS gospel my purpose and let HIM do amazing things.


Power only comes from GOD. HE is the one who heals people, though it may look like a human did it. GOD gives, each person who follows HIM, purpose. HE fills me with HIS HOLY SPIRIT and I become purpose filled. I am grateful GOD cares enough about me and others to include me in HIS plans.

  • Are you seeking purpose in your life?
  • Are you susceptible to the lies humans tell that draw you away from the saving power of JESUS?
  • Will you surrender your life to JESUS so you can be given purpose that is filled with love and is everlasting?


No comments:

Post a Comment