Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Led


Acts 8: 29 Then the Spirit said to Philip, “Go near and overtake this chariot.”

30 So Philip ran to him, and heard him reading the prophet Isaiah, and said, “Do you understand what you are reading?”

31 And he said, “How can I, unless someone guides me?” And he asked Philip to come up and sit with him.

============

Watching the pins fall, I was amazed at the bowler. Strike after strike, I watched in awe. “Can you show me how to do that?” I asked. I paid for lessons. Every word spoken to me was like gold. I was thoroughly interested and absorbed the information like a sponge in water.

  • When I seek knowledge, I look for some help.
  • When I want to know something, I am open for suggestions.
  • When I desire to learn, I look for a guide.


Two people were led in this passage of scripture. Philip was led to the desert and then the SPIRIT led him to the Ethiopian eunuch, who was reading the prophet Isaiah out loud.

The Ethiopian must have desired some help from anyone who would assist, because he read out loud, possibly in an inquisitive way. Philip asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?” The Ethiopian requested his guidance.

  • GOD wants me to be open to learn about HIM.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS ways so I can have rest.
  • GOD wants me to be led by the SPIRIT to receive teaching or to give it.


Surrender is required when being taught. It is difficult or impossible to teach about GOD to someone who is not open to hearing the information. GOD sends people to me to teach me about HIM when my heart is open to hearing from HIM.

It is not just about learning. GOD wants me to take what I learned and be willing to teach someone. HE then will send me to the right person at the right time. I am grateful for the leading of the HOLY SPIRIT.

  • What are you looking for?
  • Are you seeking knowledge to fill your desires?
  • Will you steer your seeking to learn about JESUS who loved you enough to die for you and is alive, willing to save you today?



No comments:

Post a Comment