Thursday, May 7, 2020

Mission Accomplished


Acts 8: 38 So he commanded the chariot to stand still. And both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water, and he baptized him. 39 Now when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught Philip away, so that the eunuch saw him no more; and he went on his way rejoicing. 40 But Philip was found at Azotus. And passing through, he preached in all the cities till he came to Caesarea.

============

Sitting on the trunk of my broken down car, a couple stopped and asked if I needed a ride. Cautiously I said “yes” to the elderly couple. They convinced me that a rest stop was not too far away and they could drop me there.

“Do you believe in GOD and JESUS, the SON of GOD?” they asked me. I answered “Yes” without too much explanation as I had not been worshiping or even acting like I knew GOD.

  • There have been many people sent to me to rescue me.
  • There have been many people sent to me to bring me back to GOD.
  • There have been many people sent to me to tell me about the great news of JESUS.


Philip was sent to the desert and he went without question. When he arrived he met a eunuch who was studying the prophet Isaiah, reading specifically about JESUS. When the eunuch heard Philip explain who JESUS was and is, he wanted to be baptized. Philip’s mission had been fulfilled.

  • GOD wants me to be open to be sent where HE wants me to go.
  • GOD wants me to be open to speak about HIS SON wherever HE sends me.
  • GOD wants me to be ready to be sent to the next place so HE can speak through me again and again.


“Do not grow weary” is the request of JESUS because the harvest is plentiful but the laborers are few. GOD wants me to continue to speak to many people about JESUS so they will believe in HIM and do the same. When HE sends me and I speak, the mission is accomplished.

  • Are you being used by GOD?
  • Is GOD guiding you wo speak about HIS grace?
  • Will you accept HIS mission for you and speak about JESUS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment