Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Hesitance


Hesitance
Acts 9: 13 Then Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much harm he has done to Your saints in Jerusalem. 14 And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on Your name.”

15 But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children[c] of Israel. 16 For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name’s sake.”

============

“Come serve with me in a country in Africa” was the challenge posed to me. The image that popped in my mind was a starving baby with flies circling, for that was the primary image chosen from the country I lived in.

I hesitated in my response. “Get up and go” was the overwhelming feeling inside me. Family added to the fear with questions about the unknown. When I arrived in the country for the missions trip, it was a booming metropolis with skyscrapers and fast food joints. What was I worried about?

  • There were times when the situation made me hesitate on my decision.
  • There were times when the unknown made me think twice about doing what I was called to do.
  • There were times when the circumstance seemed dismal and made me stop and think “should I do this?”


Ananias seemed hesitant in going to Saul. Whether it was his own safety or the fact that he was serving a known killer, he questioned the calling. BUT GOD confirmed the mission.

  • GOD wants me to trust in HIS plan regardless of the circumstance.
  • GOD wants me to believe HE has a larger picture than the one I can see.
  • GOD wants me to obey HIS calling even though I may have questions.


“Are YOU sure?” is a question that pops in my head sometimes when I hear from GOD. I mean, usually the question comes because I am asked to do something beyond what I thought I should be doing.

GOD’s power is endless and mine is nothing. GOD wants me to believe in HIS power, protection and provision whenever HE calls me to serve HIM. I am grateful HE calls me.

  • Are you being called and are hesitant?
  • Does the circumstance seem dismal, yet GOD wants you to serve HIM anyway?
  • Will you accept HIS calling and obey the leading of the HOLY SPIRIT today?


No comments:

Post a Comment