Friday, May 8, 2020

Something Special About You


Something Special About You
Acts 9: Then Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest and asked letters from him to the synagogues of Damascus, so that if he found any who were of the Way, whether men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.
As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven. Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”

And he said, “Who are You, Lord?”

Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”

============

When the teacher returned to the classroom, I was engaged in the disruption along with a few others. It seemed like fun to be involved, but I got caught. The teacher pulled me into the hallway and said “Them I expect this from, but you… I expected more out of you.”

  • There have been times when people have recognized potential in me that I did not see.
  • There have been times when my actions were not aligned with the potential I could reach.
  • There have been times when my passion for fitting in exceeded my passion for having self-control.


Saul was passionate about what he was taught about GOD. The church leaders put him in charge of persecuting anyone who would go against their preaching. BUT JESUS intervened. HE came after Saul asking “Why are you persecuting ME?” in reference to Saul trying to kill HIS followers.

  • JESUS wants me to know that if anyone tries to harm me, they are trying to harm HIM.
  • JESUS wants me to know that HIS church is comprised of those who believe in HIM.
  • JESUS wants me to know that HE sees my heart so it’s best that I point it to HIM.


Unlike the high priest, JESUS went after Saul, knowing his potential. GOD did the same for me. HE came after me when I tried to leave HIM. GOD passionately pursues HIS flock. When HE speaks, HIS followers hear HIS voice. HE blesses those who serve HIM. I am grateful HE saw something in me and saved me from myself.

  • Are you running away from GOD?
  • Do you think your fate is in your hands?
  • Do you believe you can extend one day of your life without GOD’s permission?
  • Will you surrender your life to JESUS today so HE can use the gifts and talents HE created you with?

No comments:

Post a Comment