Wednesday, May 6, 2020

What to Say


Acts 8: 32 The place in the Scripture which he read was this:

“He was led as a sheep to the slaughter;
And as a lamb before its shearer is silent,
So He opened not His mouth.
33 In His humiliation His
 justice was taken away,

And who will declare His generation?
For His life is taken from the earth.”

34 So the eunuch answered Philip and said, “I ask you, of whom does the prophet say this, of himself or of some other man?” 35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning at this Scripture, preached Jesus to him. 36 Now as they went down the road, they came to some water. And the eunuch said, “See, here is water. What hinders me from being baptized?”

37 Then Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.”
And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”

============

Sitting in the lunchroom a friend brought strangers to our table. Our usual game time was interrupted by a question. “Does JESUS exist?” I had not encountered that question before. I could not quote any scripture because I had not read the Bible yet. I stammered over the first words but came up with my answer. “Yes! And I believe HE died for my sins and is alive?”

  • There were times when I did not know much about GOD, but I knew JESUS.
  • There were times when I did not read about GOD, but I knew JESUS.
  • There were times when I did not have an eloquent, elaborate answer, but I knew JESUS.


The Ethiopian eunuch read from the words of the prophet Isaiah that spoke about JESUS. Philip explained who JESUS was and is. The eunuch got so excited that he requested to be baptized. Philip explained the criteria. “Believe with all your heart.” The eunuch believe in JESUS.

  • GOD wants me to tell people about JESUS, the SON of GOD.
  • GOD wants me to be ready to share my belief in JESUS who died for me and is no alive.
  • GOD wants me to help others understand that JESUS became a human, was murdered by HIS creation and was raised from the dead.


Speaking the words of life means talking about JESUS. Philip did not give the eunuch money or rake his lawn or fix his chariot. He shared JESUS with him. GOD wants a simple message to come from me.

Believe in the LORD JESUS, who is GOD, who became a human to die for our sins, and was raised from the dead. By believing in JESUS and what HE did, you will have everlasting life. I believe in JESUS.

  • What is stopping you from believing in JESUS?
  • Are you more concerned with current situations than what will happen to you after you die?
  • Will you believe in JESUS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment