Thursday, May 28, 2020

Pondered Answers


Acts 10: 17 Now while Peter wondered within himself what this vision which he had seen meant, behold, the men who had been sent from Cornelius had made inquiry for Simon’s house, and stood before the gate. 18 And they called and asked whether Simon, whose surname was Peter, was lodging there.

19 While Peter thought about the vision, the Spirit said to him, “Behold, three men are seeking you. 20 Arise therefore, go down and go with them, doubting nothing; for I have sent them.”

============

“LORD, am I serving YOU well?” were words I asked after a sermon. Months prior, a preacher had preached on serving GOD so HE can say “Well done MY good and faithful servant.” Not too long after my pondering, a preacher asked another question. “Will you come with me on a trip to a country in Africa to tell people about CHRIST?” “Hold on now, that answer came too quickly.”

  • There have been times when I pondered what GOD wants from me and HE gave me an answer I was not ready for.
  • There have been times when I asked GOD “What is the purpose?” but when HE shows me the purpose, I question if I am really hearing from HIM.
  • There have been times when I wondered if GOD hears me but when HE asks me to do something out of the ordinary, I make excuses or doubt what HE said.


Peter pondered the vision GOD gave him. He could not grasp its meaning. Why would GOD make Peter go against the rules by making him eat unclean, common animals and bugs?

GOD answered Peter, “I made them clean and what I make clean, do not call common.” As Peter thought about the vision, people who he considered “unclean” asked for him. GOD said “Go with them and do not doubt.”

  • GOD speaks to me daily.
  • GOD wants me to speak about JESUS daily.
  • GOD wants me to act on what HE tells me without doubting.


Getting back to the question posed to me about serving in a country in Africa. I nervously said “Okay, I’ll go.” I did not know what to expect. GOD blessed me with the opportunity to speak to many people about JESUS and they believed, even though I was not a preacher.

I simply told the people JESUS saved me. I no longer had to drink and chase sex and parties, leaving my life empty. They believed. This opened my eyes to GOD’s purpose. I am grateful GOD wants to use a sinner like me.

  • Is GOD calling you to do something?
  • Are you making excuses for what GOD is calling you to do, yet asking “What is GOD’s purpose for you?
  • Will you accept GOD’s purpose and seek the lost HE sends you to today?


No comments:

Post a Comment