Friday, December 4, 2020

Assured Thanks

 

Assured Thanks

Acts 27: 33 Just before dawn Paul urged them all to eat. “For the last fourteen days,” he said, “you have been in constant suspense and have gone without food—you haven’t eaten anything. 34 Now I urge you to take some food. You need it to survive. Not one of you will lose a single hair from his head.” 35 After he said this, he took some bread and gave thanks to God in front of them all. Then he broke it and began to eat. 36 They were all encouraged and ate some food themselves. 37 Altogether there were 276 of us on board. 38 When they had eaten as much as they wanted, they lightened the ship by throwing the grain into the sea.

 

============

 

Everyone around me said encouraging words. “You will get the position” they all said. Some of them were people who knew the decision makers. I was excited and full of praise and thanks. But there was one person who said “You may or you may not get the position.” Why did the person say “May not?” Now my praise and thanks turned to a slight bit of doubt.

 

  • There were times when I had more doubt than confidence.
  • There were times when my prayers were full of fear.
  • There were times when I really wanted to believe something that was a promise, but was uncertain.

 

Paul urged the crew to eat. Many had probably given up hope. Paul, knowing what GOD told him, encouraged everyone that they would be safe. He was so sure, he gave thanks to GOD and ate in front of everyone. They joined in because they were encouraged.

 

  • GOD wants me to be sure of HIS promises.
  • GOD wants me to be thankful for what HE has already done.
  • GOD wants me to be encouraged by HIS plan for me.

 

Human’s define success through sinful eyes. I mean, everyone has to be healthy, wealthy and all lusts fulfilled to meet the standards of success set by humans. BUT GOD has a different measure of success. “If you give even a cup of water to MY littles ones, you are MY disciple and will not lose your reward.”

 

Being thankful means I have already received the reward and I am thankful for it. I may not see it yet, but I have faith that GOD will do just as HE says. I can be assured, so I give thanks to GOD.

 

  • Do you know GOD’s promises yet you doubt HIS love for you?
  • Do you have fear for the upcoming situation?
  • Will you give GOD assured thanks, knowing HE has a plan that looks different than you think, but is great for you and those around you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment