Wednesday, December 16, 2020

True Freedom

 

True Freedom

Acts 28: 28 “Therefore I want you to know that God’s salvation has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will listen!” 29 After he said this, the Jews left, arguing vigorously among themselves. 

 

30 For two whole years Paul stayed there in his own rented house and welcomed all who came to see him. 31 He proclaimed the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ—with all boldness and without hindrance!

 

============

 

Mad at “them”, I refused to go to church. I mean “they” were hypocrites. When I had sex with someone, I could not speak to that person about JESUS. By the time I grew up to forgive the “hypocrites” I had a career that kept me quite busy.

 

I could not proclaim JESUS because the position paid me well and I “assumed” they would not tolerate me teaching about HIM. When I was out of work I was finally free to speak about JESUS.

 

  • There were times when life kept me from speaking about GOD.
  • There were times when I thought I had a “good’ excuse for not speaking about JESUS.
  • There were times when jobs, relationships and worries of life kept me from mentioning the FATHER, SON and the HOLY SPIRIT.

 

Luke finishes his letter to Theophilus, summing up Paul’s discussion. Paul told the church leaders that the Messiah, JESUS, had arrived and because they did not believe HE was and is the Messiah, GOD’s salvation would be spread to the Gentiles. Paul stayed in Rome speaking with boldness about JESUS without hindrance.

 

  • GOD wants me to know JESUS as the truth.
  • GOD wants me to be set free by the truth.
  • GOD wants me to speak boldly about JESUS who is the truth.

 

“The truth will set you free”, JESUS said. HE also says “If the SON sets you free, you will be free indeed.” What does freedom even look like?” I said to myself. I mean, bills piled up, relationships breaking all over the place and jobs hard to find. How can I be free? BUT GOD looks at my situations different.

 

GOD gently forgives me and opens my eyes to HIM as the answer to all my problems. When I grab onto JESUS, HE opens my mouth to thank HIM and to speak boldly about HIM. Soon the excuses dwindle and my fears turn into HIS protection. I am glad JESUS truly has set me free.

 

  • Is something keeping you from speaking boldly about JESUS?
  • Do you fear what humans will think of you if you spoke about JESUS?
  • Will you recognize the bondage you are in and allow GOD to protect you while you speak about JESUS without hindrance today?

No comments:

Post a Comment