Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Decide and Supplied

 

Decide and Supplied

Acts 28: There was an estate nearby that belonged to Publius, the chief official of the island. He welcomed us to his home and showed us generous hospitality for three days. His father was sick in bed, suffering from fever and dysentery. Paul went in to see him and, after prayer, placed his hands on him and healed him. When this had happened, the rest of the sick on the island came and were cured. 10 They honored us in many ways; and when we were ready to sail, they furnished us with the supplies we needed.

 

============

 

With a car that no longer worked and creditors calling, I was at wits end. I got a little angry that I was in a small town and did not have anyone to call for help. As I sat in my apartment, I decided to turn back to GOD.

 

Maybe I’m going about things wrong. I went to a place where I could learn about GOD. After months of focusing on HIM, I noticed my entire life had changed. Not only were bills paid, I was able to purchase my first new car. But that wasn’t all. I was able to teach people about GOD.

 

  • There were times in my life when I felt empty.
  • There were times in my life when I felt worried.
  • There were times in my life when I felt like I had no help.

 

The chief official of the island invited everyone over his estate. Paul noticed the official’s father was sick in bed and went in to see him. GOD healed the father through Paul. Everyone on the island brought their sick to Paul and were cured. Afterwards, the crew and Paul were supplied with all they needed to sail to Rome by the thankful islanders.

 

  • GOD wants me to decide to follow HIM without expecting things to change.
  • GOD wants me to follow HIM because of our loving relationship.
  • GOD wants me to recognize that HE supplies my needs when I am obedient to HIM.

 

When GOD gives purpose, HE supplies the means to carry it out. I mean, when HE tells me HE is going to do something in my life, it may not happen as fast as I think, but it will happen. GOD sees the moment I decide to sincerely follow HIM. HE supplies me with everything I need to carry out HIS great plan HE has for me. I am glad HE sees me in the time of need.

 

  • Are you in need right now?
  • Have you been worrying for a long time?
  • Will you decide to follow GOD anyway and praise HIM for supplying your needs before you get them?

No comments:

Post a Comment