Monday, December 14, 2020

Good Reputation

Good Reputation

Acts 28: 21 They replied, “We have not received any letters from Judea concerning you, and none of our people who have come from there has reported or said anything bad about you. 22 But we want to hear what your views are, for we know that people everywhere are talking against this sect.”

 

============

 

Excited about the new boss, I looked forward to meeting her. Too many times I had run into those who would stretch the truth for their own convenience. Here reputation was that of an honest firm leader. Other people spoke well about her, and so did I.

 

  • I have met many people who had good reputations.
  • I have met many people with character.
  • I have met many people who lead by example.

 

The church leaders whom Paul brought together told him they had not received any bad reports about him. Paul had been very vocal about JESUS wherever he went. Now, the group he faced was curious and Paul could speak to them about JESUS.

 

  • GOD wants me to follow HIS ways.
  • GOD wants me to openly admit I am a sinner so HIS reputation will shine.
  • GOD wants me to point people to HIM as the answer instead of looking at me.

 

Building a good reputation amongst humans can be dangerous. I mean, not everyone will like me no matter what I do. I may build a crowd I am comfortable with and never cross over to those I am uncomfortable speaking to. What if they misunderstand “my” reputation? BUT GOD has a remedy.

 

HE wants me to speak about HIS reputation as the answer. GOD knows the human heart and is the only one who can show true love. JESUS did so by dying for the sins of mankind and was raised from the dead. HIS reputation is the only one that can save me. I am grateful HE led by example.

 

  • What is your reputation?
  • Would people have a good report about you if they saw the hidden things?
  • Will you stop trying to manage a good reputation and point to the only one who is sinless, namely JESUS?

No comments:

Post a Comment