Friday, December 18, 2020

Owning Land

 

Owning Land

Romans 1: And so I write to all of you in Rome whom God loves and has called to be his own people:

 

May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.

 

============

 

“Why can’t he keep his lawnmower on his side!” I said to myself. My neighbor cut his grass too low for my taste. I pondered telling him about the boundaries. Meanwhile at church, a lady told me a story of her walking around her neighborhood, praying for each of her neighbors. I felt ashamed.

 

  • Many times I have been selfish.
  • Many times I did not want to share.
  • Many times I looked at my neighbors as an inconvenience.

 

Paul writes a letter to all Romans. He wanted to tell them how much GOD loves them and has called them to be HIS own people. No matter the race, gender or age, Paul wanted GOD the FATHER and the LORD JESUS CHRIST to supply grace and peace to them.

 

  • GOD wants me to take ownership of the land around me.
  • GOD wants me to be responsible for the spiritual wellbeing of my neighbors.
  • GOD wants me to desire grace and peace to all in the land HE gives me.

 

Ownership to humans means greed. I mean, owning land means I have to purchase it, maintain it and someday sell it for a profit. But ownership to GOD means I recognize HE owns everything, HE paid for the sins of everyone by dying on the cross and HE wants me to maintain what HE did by loving my neighbor.

 

Ownership reduces my blame and increases my assistance. I can then see what GOD sees in each person. I can look beyond their selfishness and pray for my neighbors to have grace and peace from the FATHER and our LORD JESUS CHRIST. I am glad HE gives me land to own.

 

  • Do you have more complaints about your neighbors than praise?
  • Is your first reaction to get angry at people?
  • Will you reduce your quick temper and allow GOD to work through you by owning the delivery of grace and peace to those around you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment