Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Along for the Ride

 

Along for the Ride

Acts 27: 21 After they had gone a long time without food, Paul stood up before them and said: “Men, you should have taken my advice not to sail from Crete; then you would have spared yourselves this damage and loss. 22 But now I urge you to keep up your courage, because not one of you will be lost; only the ship will be destroyed. 23 Last night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve stood beside me 24 and said, ‘Do not be afraid, Paul. You must stand trial before Caesar; and God has graciously given you the lives of all who sail with you.’ 25 So keep up your courage, men, for I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me. 26 Nevertheless, we must run aground on some island.”

 

============

 

Being part of the team felt great. One person in particular was being groomed to run the entire company. He surrounded himself with a lot of people who would work hard and remain honest. I was on his team and was successful because he was successful.

 

  • There have been people who protected me because of their success.
  • There have been people who brought me with them because of their purpose.
  • There have been people who raised me up from very low places.

 

Paul reminded the crew that they should have listened to his warning, but they did not and almost lost their lives. He then encouraged them even though there was no food and everyone was feeling low. He was told let them know they would be saved.

 

  • GOD wants me to encourage people.
  • GOD wants me to tell people “Do not be afraid.”
  • GOD wants me to have faith in HIM because HE has given me a purpose.

 

When GOD gives a purpose to someone, it benefits many. I have seen people encourage the lost and their lives were changed for good. GOD wants me to do the same. HE wants me to live my life with purpose, bringing those around me to HIM. HE will do just as HE promises. In HIM I place my trust.

 

  • What is your purpose?
  • Will you stay stuck on the problem or look forward to GOD’s deliverance?
  • Will you encourage people around you and love those who are hard to love, so JESUS can save you and them today?

No comments:

Post a Comment