Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Honor and Thanks

 Honor and Thanks

Romans 1: 19 God punishes them, because what can be known about God is plain to them, for God himself made it plain. 20 Ever since God created the world, his invisible qualities, both his eternal power and his divine nature, have been clearly seen; they are perceived in the things that God has made. So those people have no excuse at all! 21 They know God, but they do not give him the honor that belongs to him, nor do they thank him. Instead, their thoughts have become complete nonsense, and their empty minds are filled with darkness. 22 They say they are wise, but they are fools; 23 instead of worshiping the immortal God, they worship images made to look like mortals or birds or animals or reptiles.
============
When my peer was made my boss I really could not believe it. To me, he was slippery, sneaky and conniving. I refused to recognize him as the leader of the department. I would attend the meetings, but my mind was not present because I was trying to think of a way out.
  • There have been leaders I refused to follow,
  • There have been leaders I did not respect or believe in.
  • There have been leaders I wanted to leave even though the person was clearly in charge.
Paul continues writing his letter. He states that evil people try to prevent the truth, JESUS, from being known. He implies that steering people away from the truth brings on GOD’s punishment, for GOD showed HIS eternal power and divine nature which can be seen in the things HE made.
Instead of giving GOD credit for what HE has created, the wise fools worship things that can be bought.
  • GOD wants me to give HIM honor by recognizing what HE has done and is doing in my life.
  • GOD wants me to thank HIM more and more for what HE provides each day.
  • GOD wants me to speak the truth, namely JESUS is the creator and Savior of the world.
Admiring GOD brings honor to HIM. I mean, HE created everything and loved me enough to die for me. When I honor HIM I can recognize what HE is doing in my life, even when things seem to be going wrong. HE pours out HIS grace on me daily. I am thankful for all GOD has done and is doing.
  • Are you ignoring GOD and worshipping humans?
  • Do you disrespect JESUS by not recognizing HIM as GOD?
  • Will you turn your thoughts to GOD and give HIM honor and thanks today?

No comments:

Post a Comment