Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Okay, do your thing

 

Okay, do your thing

Romans 1: 26 Because they do this, God has given them over to shameful passions. Even the women pervert the natural use of their sex by unnatural acts. 27 In the same way the men give up natural sexual relations with women and burn with passion for each other. Men do shameful things with each other, and as a result they bring upon themselves the punishment they deserve for their wrongdoing.

 

============

 

Thinking of another response I argued my point. The person, who was simply trying to give me advice said, “Okay, do your thing.” I kept on my path and ran into the problems he was trying to warn me about.

 

  • There were times when I did not listen.
  • There were times when I did what I wanted to do.
  • There were times when I followed my heart, but inside was something bad.

 

Paul explains there would be some people who explain away GOD so they can do what they want to do. By doing this, some people would accept a path that was not defined by GOD. Some women would choose unnatural sex acts and men would choose men for sex.

 

  • GOD wants me to ask “What do YOU want?”
  • GOD wants me to follow HIS way, especially when I don’t want to.
  • GOD wants me to understand that HE is the creator and knows the best way.

 

“Okay, do your thing” is a difficult sentence from GOD. I mean, HE has so much grace that HE allows me to sin as much as I want. The problem is, I can become so accustomed to the sin that I question HIS laws and HIS existence, simply because I do not like the rule. BUT GOD still has compassion.

 

HE allows anyone who believes in JESUS to be saved, no matter how deep in sin the person is. HE looks at any sin as the same. Lies, racism and sex outside of HIS definition are equally abysmal to HIM. That’s why HE chose to die for me instead of punishing me. Anyone who believes in JESUS surrenders sin little by little. I am glad HE gives me chance after chance.

 

  • Are you arguing the existence of GOD because you do not like HIS rule?
  • Do you push HIS love away to do sex your way?
  • Will you believe in the truth, which is JESUS, and allow HIM to guide you to a life filled with purpose and abundance today?

No comments:

Post a Comment