Thursday, December 17, 2020

Called to Belong

 

Called to Belong

Romans 1: From Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus and an apostle chosen and called by God to preach his Good News.

 

The Good News was promised long ago by God through his prophets, as written in the Holy Scriptures. It is about his Son, our Lord Jesus Christ: as to his humanity, he was born a descendant of David; as to his divine holiness, he was shown with great power to be the Son of God by being raised from death. Through him God gave me the privilege of being an apostle for the sake of Christ, in order to lead people of all nations to believe and obey. This also includes you who are in Rome, whom God has called to belong to Jesus Christ.

 

============

 

Feeling out of place became the norm. Everywhere I went, I felt alone, even in the middle of a crowd. One day I sat in my apartment, grousing about my situation. “Why am I here in this place?” I cried out. “Where are the good parties and clubs? I don’t belong here!” Little did I know, it was the perfect place to get off a destructive path I could not see.

 

  • Looking back, there were situations I went through that grew my patience.
  • Looking back, there were situations I went through to change my path.
  • Looking back, there were situations I went through that seemed painful, but opened my eyes to GOD.

 

Paul begins his letter to the Romans with a salutation that recognizes his purpose in life, namely to preach the Good News of JESUS. He spent his life trying to do what was right in his own eyes, but GOD arranged situations to blind him to what was wrong and open his eyes to JESUS. Paul now had a purpose that made sense.

 

  • GOD wants me to preach the GOD News about JESUS being raised from the dead.
  • GOD wants me to understand and “live” what the scriptures say about JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to be grateful enough for what JESUS did for me to lead people of all nations to believe and obey.

 

Before I knew it, I belonged. I no longer felt lonely in crowds because I saw a need versus being needy. The crowd was searching and GOD called me to point them to HIM. HE opened my eyes to the fact that HIS family is huge and full of love. I am grateful to belong to JESUS CHRIST.

 

  • Are you lonely?
  • Does it seem like your life’s purpose is your school, job, family or friends?
  • Will you ask GOD to give you HIS purpose of telling those around you about being saved eternally by JESUS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment