Friday, December 11, 2020

Hope Priority

 

Hope Priority

Acts 28: 17 Three days later he called together the local Jewish leaders. When they had assembled, Paul said to them: “My brothers, although I have done nothing against our people or against the customs of our ancestors, I was arrested in Jerusalem and handed over to the Romans. 18 They examined me and wanted to release me, because I was not guilty of any crime deserving death. 19 The Jews objected, so I was compelled to make an appeal to Caesar. I certainly did not intend to bring any charge against my own people. 20 For this reason I have asked to see you and talk with you. It is because of the hope of Israel that I am bound with this chain.”

 

============

 

“Want to go hang out?” were code words from a neighbor that meant let’s get drunk and possibly have sex with a stranger. I said “No thanks” this time. He asked again the next week a little more persistently. I said “I’m trying to get my life together with GOD this time.”

 

  • There were times when I used pleasure as my hope.
  • There were times when I used money as my hope.
  • There were times when I used power as my hope.

 

Paul called the local church leaders together and explained his plight. He wanted to appeal rationally to this group in hopes that they would believe in JESUS. He placed his hope in GOD over being free.

 

  • GOD wants me to place my hope in HIM.
  • GOD wants me to make HIM my priority.
  • GOD wants me to choose hope in HIM over anything else.

 

When GOD says “I will reward you” I can place my hope in this. I mean, I have to have total trust that GOD will do just as HE says. HE also says things I do not want to do like “Love those who hate you.”

 

When I place my hope in GOD, I can say “No” to things that will not please HIM. The things that please GOD become my priority. I am honored to place my hope in GOD.

 

  • What is your priority?
  • Are you focused on controlling all your situations?
  • Will you live your life with the purpose of GOD so you will use hope in JESUS to make your decisions?

No comments:

Post a Comment