Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Searching But Not Finding

 

Searching But Not Finding

Acts 28: 23 They arranged to meet Paul on a certain day, and came in even larger numbers to the place where he was staying. He witnessed to them from morning till evening, explaining about the kingdom of God, and from the Law of Moses and from the Prophets he tried to persuade them about Jesus. 24 Some were convinced by what he said, but others would not believe. 25 They disagreed among themselves and began to leave after Paul had made this final statement: “The Holy Spirit spoke the truth to your ancestors when he said through Isaiah the prophet:

 

26 “‘Go to this people and say,
“You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
    you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.”
27 For this people’s heart has become calloused;
    they hardly hear with their ears,
    and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
    hear with their ears,
    understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.

 

============

 

Angrily, I stormed off from “those” people. They said the wrong thing again. When I got to the next group, I was okay for a while, but that group started acting the same as the other group. I got angry and stormed off from “those” people. When I got to the third group I said. “I will stay here no matter what.” This group seemed to act different.

 

  • There were times when I was searching for problems and found them.
  • There were times when I was searching for what is wrong and found it.
  • There were times when I was searching for peace but could not find it because I found problems and only could see what was wrong.

 

The church leaders decided to meet with Paul and brought a large number with them. Some were looking for answers and others were looking for an argument. Both groups found what they were looking for, but one group did not get what they wanted. They overlooked the answer that would bring them peace.

 

  • GOD says to me “See ME with your eyes.”
  • GOD says to me “Hear ME with your ears.”
  • GOD says to me “Understand ME with your heart.”

 

When I look for problems with other people, I don’t have to look very long. I mean their flaws jump out immediately. BUT GOD looks at the person differently. HE sees a creation HE made and said “Well done.” When I look at that person through sin filled, hurt eyes, I can search for something I want to see, but will not find it.

 

But when I ask GOD to heal my eyes, I can see what HE sees in “that” person. When I ask GOD to truly speak to me, I can hear the comfort HE wants me to give to “those” people. And when I ask GOD to change “me” I can understand with my heart what I must do. I am grateful GOD gives me another chance to be healed by HIM.

 

  • What are you searching for in someone but not finding?
  • Are you ready to leave a group because “they” are not acting right?
  • Will you ask GOD to open your eyes, ears and heart to HIM so HE can heal you without expecting “them” to change?

No comments:

Post a Comment