Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Put People Right

 

Put People Right

Romans 1: 16 I have complete confidence in the gospel; it is God's power to save all who believe, first the Jews and also the Gentiles. 17 For the gospel reveals how God puts people right with himself: it is through faith from beginning to end. As the scripture says, “The person who is put right with God through faith shall live.”

 

============

 

Listening intently for mistakes, I waited for a slip up. This was a negotiation that I had to “win.” Immediately I found the opportunity when the goof came out of his mouth. I leveraged the mistake to get “my” way.

 

  • Sometimes “winning” is losing.
  • Sometimes being right means being “dead” right.
  • Sometimes getting “my” way doesn’t get what I need.

 

Paul placed his complete confidence in GOD’s power to save all humans who believe in JESUS as the Savior. The gospel reveals how GOD puts people right with HIMSELF. It wasn’t the amounts given, or church attendance or by being nice that saved humans, Paul’s words imply. It is about being put right with GOD through JESUS dying for the sins humans commit.

 

  • GOD wants me to be put right with HIM by believing I need JESUS to save me from eternal death.
  • GOD wants me to see other people as HE sees their need to be put right with HIM.
  • GOD wants me to put people right so I can overlook their sin as HE forgives those who believe in HIS SON.

 

Let’s face it, some people are difficult, namely you and me. I mean, GOD knew humans would not want to be bothered by HIM nor would we want a relationship with HIM. BUT GOD loved me anyway. HE saw every sin I would do and put me right with HIM so I could have a relationship with HIM.

 

On occasion I blame HIM and doubt HIM and pout when HE does not give me “my” way. BUT I praise HIM and love HIM and cherish the things HE has done for me. I am grateful GOD loved me enough to put me right with HIM through HIS SON JESUS, who is now alive.

 

  • Are you at odds with someone?
  • Do you want someone to change leave or die?
  • Will you put the person right with you and desire salvation for you and “that” person so GOD can “win” HIS people back?

No comments:

Post a Comment