Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Unstoppable Plan

 

Unstoppable Plan

Acts 28: Once safely on shore, we found out that the island was called Malta. The islanders showed us unusual kindness. They built a fire and welcomed us all because it was raining and cold. Paul gathered a pile of brushwood and, as he put it on the fire, a viper, driven out by the heat, fastened itself on his hand. When the islanders saw the snake hanging from his hand, they said to each other, “This man must be a murderer; for though he escaped from the sea, the goddess Justice has not allowed him to live.” But Paul shook the snake off into the fire and suffered no ill effects. The people expected him to swell up or suddenly fall dead; but after waiting a long time and seeing nothing unusual happen to him, they changed their minds and said he was a god.

 

============

 

When I saw the agenda, I was disappointed. My name was no longer on the list. I sat in the audience prepared to listen. I couldn’t help thinking, “Why I was bumped from the agenda?”

 

I noticed a couple of people, who were at odds with me, were suddenly on the agenda. “Oh well.” I thought. A person in the audience asked for me to be put back on the agenda. I did not have to fight.

 

  • There have been snakes of temptation in my life that have bit me.
  • There have been people in my life who were against me.
  • There have been situations in my life that seemed to go wrong but didn’t.

 

Paul and the crew were warmly welcomed by the islanders. Paul, unfortunately was bit by a venomous viper. The islanders saw this and thought he was a murderer who received justice. They believed in gods. Paul shook of the snake and stayed healthy. They were amazed, BUT GOD knew this would happen.

 

  • GOD knows the enemy wants to come against me.
  • GOD knows Satan wants to ruin HIS plan HE has for me.
  • GOD knows HIS plan for me cannot be stopped.

 

By simply living, I have a rival. I mean, just by being alive, the enemy wants me to fall to temptation, make mistakes with other humans, lie, cheat and steal, like him. BUT GOD’s plan of salvation is unstoppable for me.

 

There is nothing that can separate me from GOD. Even my own sin can no longer keep me from HIS love. HE said “It is finished” when HE was on the cross. This means nothing else has to happen. The plan is complete. I am grateful JESUS included me in HIS unstoppable plan.

 

  • Are people trying to stop you from mentioning JESUS?
  • Are strange barriers arising, seemingly out of nowhere?
  • Will you continue to live for GOD, knowing HIS plan for you is unstoppable?

No comments:

Post a Comment