Thursday, December 3, 2020

New Faith

 

New Faith

Acts 27: 27 On the fourteenth night we were still being driven across the Adriatic Sea, when about midnight the sailors sensed they were approaching land. 28 They took soundings and found that the water was a hundred and twenty feet deep. A short time later they took soundings again and found it was ninety feet deep. 29 Fearing that we would be dashed against the rocks, they dropped four anchors from the stern and prayed for daylight. 30 In an attempt to escape from the ship, the sailors let the lifeboat down into the sea, pretending they were going to lower some anchors from the bow. 31 Then Paul said to the centurion and the soldiers, “Unless these men stay with the ship, you cannot be saved.” 32 So the soldiers cut the ropes that held the lifeboat and let it drift away.

 

============

 

“Do you really know how to do this?” my boss asked. My first inclination was to lie. I mean, I was about to get in trouble for misrepresenting myself. Something inside me said “tell the truth this time.” While I disappointed the person, I felt good that I was no longer living a lie. I had finally started to grow up.

 

  • There was a time when I started to have faith.
  • There was a time when I wanted to use the old ways, but chose faith.
  • There was a time when I got tired of life beating me up so I chose faith.

 

Paul had warned the professional sailors not to sail, and they did it anyway. Now the ship was id dire trouble. After fourteen nights of being tossed around, the sailors could sense they were coming close to land. A few of them wanted to use their old ways to save themselves by sneaking a lifeboat overboard. Paul warned the centurion and the soldiers cut the rope.

 

  • GOD wants me to have faith like a child when HE tells me something.
  • GOD wants me to believe HE can and will do anything.
  • GOD wants me to have new faith in HIM every day.

 

Having new faith means I can let go of my old way of thinking and allow GOD to execute HIS plan without me needing to know if the plan is working or not. It takes faith to take the first step towards GOD’s ways. I mean, when things go wrong, it takes faith to remain calm in the middle of the storm.

 

It also take faith to admit wrong, or to be patient with “that” person or to pray lovingly for those who attack me. Each day my faith is tried. Some days I fail and some days I’m filled with the HOLY SPIRIT. I am grateful GOD’s faithfulness is everlasting.

 

  • Do you have new faith?
  • Are you tired of the old way of doing things?
  • Will you quiet down and listen to GOD so HE will guide you and grow your faith in HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment