Monday, December 7, 2020

Part of the Plan

 

Part of the Plan

Acts 27: 39 When daylight came, they did not recognize the land, but they saw a bay with a sandy beach, where they decided to run the ship aground if they could. 40 Cutting loose the anchors, they left them in the sea and at the same time untied the ropes that held the rudders. Then they hoisted the foresail to the wind and made for the beach. 41 But the ship struck a sandbar and ran aground. The bow stuck fast and would not move, and the stern was broken to pieces by the pounding of the surf.

 

42 The soldiers planned to kill the prisoners to prevent any of them from swimming away and escaping. 43 But the centurion wanted to spare Paul’s life and kept them from carrying out their plan. He ordered those who could swim to jump overboard first and get to land. 44 The rest were to get there on planks or on other pieces of the ship. In this way everyone reached land safely

 

============

 

When I got in the camper, I was excited to meet the driver, although he drove a bit slow. We finally crossed the border. The next day I expected to leave on time, but we left two and a half hours late and got lost for another hour and a half. Now, four hours late, we could not do the things we planned, to tell people about CHRIST in this neighborhood. GOD brought people out anyway.

 

  • Sometimes my plan includes impatience.
  • Sometimes my plan only includes what could go right.
  • Sometimes my plan does not include a promise GOD made.

 

Land was so close, everyone could see it. They devised another plan to get aground safely, probably so they could continue using the ship later. That plan was met with problem after problem. The entire trip seemed like a disaster from the time they left. Eventually, everyone made it to land alive, but the ship was lost. GOD’s plan to deliver Paul to Rome was still in action.

 

  • GOD wants me to see HIS plan in the middle of things going wrong.
  • GOD wants me to accept HIS plan when problem after problem comes.
  • GOD wants me to know HIS plan cannot be stopped, even when trials arise.

 

“How could this possibly be for good?” I have asked GOD on many occasion. I mean, it seems pretty bad right now, I would think while the problem was happening. BUT GOD’s plan is never like my plan.

 

HE knew the problem would occur and uses the trial to bring good I cannot always see. Many hearts turn to GOD when trouble occurs, mine included. HE then strengthens me to trust HIM more as HE delivers me from problem after problem. I am glad GOD knows how to grow me.

 

  • Are your plans going wrong?
  • Did you do or say something that seemed to turn into a disaster?
  • Will you place your trust in GOD today so HE can complete the great plan HE has for you?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment