Thursday, December 24, 2020

Putting Spin On It

 

Putting Spin On It

Romans 1: 18 God's anger is revealed from heaven against all the sin and evil of the people whose evil ways prevent the truth from being known.

 

============

 

Knowing the system had problems, we sat in a room trying to think of ways to convince every owner operator spend lots of money on something that would not fix the problem. I was up for a promotion so I worked on the benefits of the system. I presented the benefits all around the nation. I got promoted.

 

  • There were times when I hid the truth.
  • There were times when I put “spin” on the problem to make it seem like it was not a problem.
  • There were times when I was part of the coverup.

 

Paul explains that GOD is furious at anything that explains away HIS power and love. Any lie or made up story that confuses people about JESUS being GOD, dying for all sins and being raised from the dead; brings on GOD’s anger. The truth needs to be known.

 

  • GOD wants me to know the truth, namely JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to explain the truth, that JESUS became a human to suffer for my sins.
  • GOD wants me to uncover my sins so people can see the power of HIS forgiveness.

 

Covering up the truth is easy to do. Insecurity or desiring power or fulfilling life’s lusts, make me cover up the truth to get my way. BUT GOD wants me to see that path is a dangerous and deadly one.

 

GOD sees my heart and knows every hidden thing in it. HE is available to forgive me of all my sin and clean my heart of all unrighteousness. I am grateful GOD uncovers sin to make the truth of JESUS known to me and countless others.

 

  • Are you participating in a coverup that prevents someone from getting to know JESUS?
  • Do you believe in an innocent story that points to humans as the answer to problems?
  • Will you be bold enough to speak the truth about JESUS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment