Tuesday, December 22, 2020

An Obligation

 

An Obligation

Romans 1: 13 You must remember, my friends, that many times I have planned to visit you, but something has always kept me from doing so. I want to win converts among you also, as I have among other Gentiles. 14 For I have an obligation to all peoples, to the civilized and to the savage, to the educated and to the ignorant. 15 So then, I am eager to preach the Good News to you also who live in Rome.

 

============

 

“No” was my sharp answer to her rudeness. She spoke in a very demanding tone that I did not appreciate. She could see a box addressed to her sitting on the shelf but I refused to give it to her. “Come back in a few hours when I am off work and maybe that person will be able to help you.”

 

  • There have been some people who have been very rude to me.
  • There have been some people who treated me poorly.
  • There have been some people who I felt justified by not helping them.

 

Paul continues writing his letter, expressing his eagerness to visit, but was delayed from doing so. He kept the letter upbeat by not mentioning the beatings he had received for speaking about JESUS as the one and only Savior of the world. Instead, he spoke about his obligation to preach the Good News to win converts for the LORD.

 

  • GOD wants me to have a life filled with HIS purpose.
  • GOD wants me to be obligated to speak about JESUS to those who ignore HIM.
  • GOD wants me to be able to speak to someone who is too educated to believe in HIM.

 

Living an obligated life means I grow up to think about my reaction versus reacting immediately. GOD wants me to live for HIS purpose so that means I may have to speak to people who do not look or act like me.

 

HE loves when I pray for those who speak down to me and who curse at me. This is not weakness but a display of surrender to GOD’s power to handle the situation. I am grateful GOD has given me purpose that obligates me to desire salvation through JESUS for all.

 

  • What do you feel obligated to do?
  • Do you serve your family or go to work regularly?
  • Can you add speaking about JESUS as the world’s Savior to your list of obligations today?

No comments:

Post a Comment