Monday, July 19, 2021

Have a Response

 

Have a Response

1 Corinthians 9: When people criticize me, this is how I defend myself: Don't I have the right to be given food and drink for my work? Don't I have the right to follow the example of the other apostles and the Lord's brothers and Peter, by taking a Christian wife with me on my trips? Or are Barnabas and I the only ones who have to work for our living? What soldiers ever have to pay their own expenses in the army? What farmers do not eat the grapes from their own vineyard? What shepherds do not use the milk from their own sheep?

 

============

 

When I got off the stage I felt debased. I was invited to speak on one subject, but was ambushed with other questions I was not expecting. Unfortunately for me, I had no response. An audience member pulled me to the side and said “You have the microphone. Speak from your platform.” “What did that mean?” ran through my mind.

 

  • There have been times when I was unprepared with my response.
  • There have been times when I have been criticized and I did not have a satisfactory reply.
  • There have been times when I have faced combative people and had no “defense.”

 

Paul felt the need to teach people how to defend their service to the LORD. He talks about some controversial topics that remain to this day. “Should a person get paid for speaking about JESUS?” And “Should the spouse of the speaker be taken care of too?” were probably the questions he addressed. He provided a “platform.”

 

  • GOD wants me to speak about HIM and have other people support HIS work through me.
  • GOD wants me to know it is alright to be supported by others when I dedicate my life to speaking about HIM.
  • GOD wants me to have a response to criticism ready that still points people to HIM.

 

Rather than arguing, GOD wants me to be ready for those who criticize me for speaking about HIM. HE knows some people will not agree that JESUS is the answer because he or she may be too blinded by the world to hear that JESUS “IS” the answer to any and all problems.

 

A life dedicated to speaking about JESUS deserves life sustaining conveniences. Luxury items complicate what is life sustaining these days. BUT GOD knows all of my needs, wants and desires. When I align those to HIM, I am always taken care of. My response to those who criticize me for serving the LORD is “HE loves you and me.”

 

  • Are you getting into arguments about GOD’s calling on your life?
  • Do you get frustrated because you have to defend what GOD told you to do?
  • Will you relax the need to argue and be prepared to pray for those who may not understand and teach those who do to support GOD’s vision HE has on your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment