Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Power to Remain

 

Power to Remain

1 Corinthians 10: 11 All these things happened to them as examples for others, and they were written down as a warning for us. For we live at a time when the end is about to come.

12 If you think you are standing firm you had better be careful that you do not fall. 13 Every test that you have experienced is the kind that normally comes to people. But God keeps his promise, and he will not allow you to be tested beyond your power to remain firm; at the time you are put to the test, he will give you the strength to endure it, and so provide you with a way out.

 

============

 

“Why is this happening to me!” I exclaimed many times. Each time I screamed this out, I was going through yet another trial. Which direction would I go? Would I stay with GOD or choose to sin and ask HIM for forgiveness?

 

  • There have been times when I wanted nothing but peace.
  • There have been times when I sought peace from what the world had to offer.
  • There have been times when I wanted to complain about the current trial versus thank GOD.

 

Paul talks about tests or trials. He explains that every human will go through something that will cause questions to arise about the super solid relationship a person can have with GOD. He explains that GOD knows what the test is and is using this test to grow each person to choose “a way out.”

 

  • GOD wants me to know HE is growing me when trials arise.
  • GOD wants me to know HE loves me but need to rid me of some things that hold me back from having a great relationship with HIM.
  • GOD wants me to choose “HIS way out” versus the flimsy plan I can come up with.

 

Having the power to remain in GOD is something else. I mean, humans will come up with solution after solution, never once asking GOD to provide HIS all powerful strength. Yes, we may pray, but when we don’t see the prayer answered in the time or way we want, we easily throw out GOD and turn to something we can see.

 

GOD wants me to “remain firm.” This means letting go of anything that I think is a solution and allow HIS deliverance in the time and way HE wants it. I am glad HE takes me through trials so I can choose HIS way, little by little.

 

  • Are you going through a trial?
  • Does this seem like the same trial you have been in over the years?
  • Will you open your heart to GOD and allow HIM to give you “HIS way out” this time so you can remain firm in HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment