Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Value Proposition

Value Proposition

1 Corinthians 9: I don't have to limit myself to these everyday examples, because the Law says the same thing. We read in the Law of Moses, “Do not muzzle an ox when you are using it to thresh grain.” Now, is God concerned about oxen? 10 Didn't he really mean us when he said that? Of course that was written for us. Anyone who plows and anyone who reaps should do their work in the hope of getting a share of the crop. 11 We have sown spiritual seed among you. Is it too much if we reap material benefits from you? 12 If others have the right to expect this from you, don't we have an even greater right?

 

============

 

Armed with a set of clubs purchased from Goodwill, I set out to learn how to play golf. Though I dreaded this path, I finally conceded. “You are going to use those?” questioned a colleague. He then urged me to purchase a name brand set of clubs and see his pro for lessons. “This is worth it because I will be playing golf with the higher ups” I said to myself.

 

  • Many times I weighed the “value” of doing things.
  • Many times I played out the “value” of my time to see if what I was doing was “worth it.”
  • Many times I placed “value” on things that would make me more money.

 

Paul mentions something many people do not like to hear. Basically he raises the question, “Should those who preach about the Gospel of JESUS be paid?” He just finished answering some difficult questions about true service to the LORD and is now he is trying to mature everyone on placing value in supporting people who give their lives to GOD.

 

  • GOD wants me to place the highest value on HIS word.
  • GOD wants me to learn and teach HIS word.
  • GOD wants me to value those who learn and teach HIS word.

 

Sharing my “material benefits” with those who preach and teach GOD’s word, needs to be at the forefront of my thinking. I mean, the same value I put into learning an industry that will make me money, needs to be placed on those who give their lives to humbly live for GOD’s service.

 

GOD places value on HIS word being “sown”, why shouldn’t I? The world values GOD less and less. BUT GOD sees when I place value in HIM, HIS SON and the leading of the HOLY SPIRIT. I am grateful GOD values me, so I value HIM and those HE sent.

 

  • Where do you place your value?
  • How much time do you spend talking about what is valuable to you?
  • Will you shift your value to hearing GOD and supporting those who teach and preach HIS word today?

No comments:

Post a Comment