Friday, July 2, 2021

Self-Worth

Self-Worth

1 Corinthians 7: 17 Each of you should go on living according to the Lord's gift to you, and as you were when God called you. This is the rule I teach in all the churches. 18 If a circumcised man has accepted God's call, he should not try to remove the marks of circumcision; if an uncircumcised man has accepted God's call, he should not get circumcised. 19 For whether or not a man is circumcised means nothing; what matters is to obey God's commandments. 20 Each of you should remain as you were when you accepted God's call. 21 Were you a slave when God called you? Well, never mind; but if you have a chance to become free, use it. 22 For a slave who has been called by the Lord is the Lord's free person; in the same way a free person who has been called by Christ is his slave. 23 God bought you for a price; so do not become slaves of people. 24 My friends, each of you should remain in fellowship with God in the same condition that you were when you were called.

 

============

 

After reaching a certain level, I was kind of proud of “my” accomplishments. But it wasn’t enough. I wanted to be the top in the industry at this particular company. Unfortunately, I ran into others who did not have the same feeling and I found myself searching for a new career. I felt dejected and low. “How am I going to start over?” “Who will value ‘my’ opinion?” I felt ashamed to be unemployed.

 

  • At one time my self-worth was based on “my” title.
  • At one time I judged others based on “their” title.
  • At one time I valued what humans called “successful” and I placed all my time and effort in becoming what they needed me to become.

 

Paul explains that GOD has given each human a gift to be used for HIS purpose. GOD calls each human to do a marvelous work for HIM. The war, however, is waged on humanity against using these gifts. Instead, humans withhold resources in exchange for large prices, thus instituting a form of voluntary slavery, meanwhile keeping people from speaking about JESUS daily.

 

  • GOD wants me to be free to speak about JESUS daily.
  • GOD wants me to add self-control where I used to be free to sin.
  • GOD wants me to place my self-worth in HIM rather than what humans think of me.

 

Valuing what JESUS did enables me to never become a slave to humans. I am not saying quit your job, rather revisit the value placed on the job. When my total self-worth is on material items and titles, I can quickly become enslaved by these things and worry ensues.

 

Placing my self-worth in the valuable price JESUS paid grows precious dividends in HIS kingdom. HE freely gives me people HE cherishes and provides food for me to give to HIS sheep. I am grateful I am free to speak about JESUS and I am governed by the self-control HE wants me to have.

 

  • Do you feel trapped?
  • Do you want to be free?
  • Will you accept the freedom GOD wants you to have while remaining in fellowship with HIM by using your gift for HIM today?


No comments:

Post a Comment