Thursday, July 29, 2021

Oneness

Oneness

1 Corinthians 10: 14 So then, my dear friends, keep away from the worship of idols. 15 I speak to you as sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say. 16 The cup we use in the Lord's Supper and for which we give thanks to God: when we drink from it, we are sharing in the blood of Christ. And the bread we break: when we eat it, we are sharing in the body of Christ. 17 Because there is the one loaf of bread, all of us, though many, are one body, for we all share the same loaf.

 

============

 

We were told to get in the pool and splash around. After a while the instructor said “Stop.” Nothing happened. But when we were told to move together in a circle, something happened, the water began to move in the same circular direction and momentum picked up. Soon the force of the water was difficult to stop.

 

  • I see that being one is powerful.
  • I see that being one is unstoppable.
  • I see that being one is incredible beyond belief.

 

Paul uses a common practice to point at something new. He spoke of the LORD’s supper as something that could be used to thank GOD for JESUS volunteering to die a bloody death. He also explains that though there are many people, we all share one loaf because we are one body.

 

  • GOD wants me to desire unity.
  • GOD wants me to want HIS way not my individual way.
  • GOD wants me to be unified under HIM through JESUS who died for “our” sins.

 

Believing in JESUS is not enough for HIM. I mean it saves me, but what about everyone else? GOD wants all of HIS creations to be saved. HE does not take this lightly. There is nothing more important to HIM than collecting all of HIS creations.

 

Unfortunately, there is an enemy who tries to steal this message of love away and twist it into a strange message, not heard by those deafened by him. BUT GOD says “Give thanks” because a thankful heart can hear. I gladly heed the warning to stay away from idols and give GOD thanks for all HE provides.

 

  • What are you thankful for?
  • Do you thank JESUS for dying for your sins?
  • Will you seek unity under JESUS today by surrendering your life to HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment