Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Free From Worry

Free From Worry

1 Corinthians 7: 32 I would like you to be free from worry. An unmarried man concerns himself with the Lord's work, because he is trying to please the Lord. 33 But a married man concerns himself with worldly matters, because he wants to please his wife; 34 and so he is pulled in two directions. An unmarried woman or a virgin concerns herself with the Lord's work, because she wants to be dedicated both in body and spirit; but a married woman concerns herself with worldly matters, because she wants to please her husband.

 

35 I am saying this because I want to help you. I am not trying to put restrictions on you. Instead, I want you to do what is right and proper, and to give yourselves completely to the Lord's service without any reservation.

 

============

 

Worried about the test, I tried to study to no avail. The solution to my worry was clear, go to a party and search for drunken sex. Worried about the car, I tried to fix it myself to no avail. The solution to my worry was clear, go to a party and search for drunken sex.

 

  • There have been many times that my worries got to me.
  • There have been many times when I thought temporary relief would fix the problem.
  • There have been many times when I searched for a way out of the problem with my own worldly solution.

 

Paul gives an odd statement. He says “I would like you to be free from worry.” This statement was about marriage and the problems people raised concerning the difficulty it brings with service to the LORD. Paul gives a solution to the married and unmarried.

 

  • GOD wants me to do what is right and proper for HIS kingdom.
  • GOD wants me to give myself to HIM without reservation.
  • GOD wants me to serve HIM by giving myself to HIM completely.

 

Married or unmarried, every human belongs to the LORD. I mean, any service outside the LORD is a distraction from bearing HIS fruit. My desires should be on pleasing the LORD at all costs. This would include my family, friends and neighbors.

 

The world would rather silence any discussion about JESUS to make profit the primary message. BUT GOD wants and needs to be heard through HIS servants. I am grateful HE frees me to speak about HIM daily.

 

  • Are you trapped?
  • Do you feel like the world has you and there is no escape?
  • Will you do what is right and proper and seek GOD wherever you are so you can serve HIM without reservation little by little each day?

No comments:

Post a Comment