Friday, July 30, 2021

Dual Life

1 Corinthians 10: 18 Consider the people of Israel; those who eat what is offered in sacrifice share in the altar's service to God. 19 Do I imply, then, that an idol or the food offered to it really amounts to anything? 20 No! What I am saying is that what is sacrificed on pagan altars is offered to demons, not to God. And I do not want you to be partners with demons. 21 You cannot drink from the Lord's cup and also from the cup of demons; you cannot eat at the Lord's table and also at the table of demons. 22 Or do we want to make the Lord jealous? Do we think that we are stronger than he?

 

============

 

Seeing the rated “R” movie put me on a path to wanting to see a rated “X” movie which put me on the path to wanting to try the real thing. I was “good” by comparison. But something inside me along the way said “This is wrong.” The further I went each step along the way, there was something saying “Stop.”

 

  • There have been many times when I wanted to do whatever I wanted to do.
  • There have been many times when I wanted to live any way I wanted to live.
  • There have been many times when I wanted to justify my sinful choices before GOD.

 

Paul explains that, while an idol has no power, an altar offered to demons is taking things one step further. He warns everyone not to partner with demons because there is no way to expect to be with GOD when partnered with demons.

 

  • GOD wants me to let go of my path and follow HIS.
  • GOD wants me to check if I am serving HIM or my own selfish desires.
  • GOD wants me to drink from the LORD’s cup and eat at HIS table only.

 

Follow GOD or follow self, that is the choice. I mean, HE does give extreme freedom to do what I want to do and justify my actions. BUT HE sees the heart. HE is the one who knows my future and HE is the only one who can forgive. HE wants me to turn from “my” ways and turn to HIS way. I gladly let go of my way.

 

  • Are you trying to serve two masters?
  • Do you realize you cannot serve the world and serve GOD?
  • Will you let go of anything you may have inadvertently partnered with that is not of GOD and follow HIS way so HE can guide you to HIS abundant life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment