Tuesday, July 13, 2021

One Place

One Place

1 Corinthians 8: So then, about eating the food offered to idols: we know that an idol stands for something that does not really exist; we know that there is only the one God. Even if there are so-called “gods,” whether in heaven or on earth, and even though there are many of these “gods” and “lords,” yet there is for us only one God, the Father, who is the Creator of all things and for whom we live; and there is only one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things were created and through whom we live.

 

============

 

Saying “Everything has its place” to me was the wrong statement at this time. I had lost my keys for the hundredth time and was exhausted looking for them. “Look in between the wall and the bed” was a soft quiet voice that came to me. There they were. “I need to put everything in its place” I finally decided.

 

  • There have been times when I put my “hope” in finances.
  • There have been times when I put my “faith” in “my” abilities.
  • There have been times when I put my “trust” in following a celebrity.

 

Paul addresses food offered to idols. He describes an idol as “standing for something that does not exist.” Many people were holding onto “things” as reminders of their desires. These people were willing to put the entirety of their hope in something that would never come.

 

  • GOD wants me to put my hope in HIM.
  • GOD wants me to put my faith in HIM.
  • GOD wants me to put my trust in HIM.

 

Everything does have a place, one place, namely GOD. I mean, when I give GOD everything, I no longer have to worry about it. When I give GOD my family, friends, neighbors, worries, doubts, fears, excitement and praise; HE never disappoints.

 

Many humans try to be idols. The rich and the famous are followed by name. BUT GOD knows my name and that is all I need. Being known by GOD is far more important than being known by humans. I am glad I can place my everything in GOD as the one place I can trust.

 

  • Are you looking for peace in your idols?
  • Do you seek health from a famous idol?
  • Will you turn your heart from following idols that stand for something and that do not really exist by putting your total trust in GOD who is the only one with true answers today?

No comments:

Post a Comment