Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Remove Obstacles

Remove Obstacles

1 Corinthians 9: 12 If others have the right to expect this from you, don't we have an even greater right?

 

But we haven't made use of this right. Instead, we have endured everything in order not to put any obstacle in the way of the Good News about Christ. 13 Surely you know that the men who work in the Temple get their food from the Temple and that those who offer the sacrifices on the altar get a share of the sacrifices. 14 In the same way, the Lord has ordered that those who preach the gospel should get their living from it.

 

============

 

“But I don’t have any money to get there” was my statement. “Don’t worry about that, we will pay for you to get there” was the reply from the company. “But I don’t have a place to live” was my reluctant reply. “Don’t worry. We will put you in a hotel for a couple of weeks to find a place.” I had no other barriers so I took the job.

 

  • I have seen the world remove barriers when it came to making money.
  • I have seen the world remove any excuse for not getting something accomplished.
  • I have seen the world remove any obstacle to the success it wants to achieve.

 

Paul speaks about “those who preach the gospel should get their living from it.” He speaks about the Law of Moses that GOD put into place stating those who tend to the temple are able to eat part of the sacrifice. In other words, they received part of the donation. But Paul did not force this right.

 

  • GOD wants me to remove barriers to hearing HIS word.
  • GOD wants me to remove excuses to listening to the Gospel of JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to remove obstacles to following CHRIST as the Savior.

 

Removing obstacles requires additional sacrifice to help immature or blind people see. I mean, when I cannot grasp how to do something, I sometimes need an example to show me how it is done, then I can do it willingly. GOD removed an impossible to overcome obstacle for me.

 

HE needed a sinless human to die for the sins of humans. JESUS, being GOD the SON, volunteered. HE became a human, was tempted in every way and did not sin. HE was murdered and was raised from the dead as the risen Savior. I am grateful HE removed this obstacle so now I can have an everlasting relationship with HIM.

 

  • Are you within your rights, but these rights may be a barrier?
  • Are you at a decision point where you have to choose GOD or “the right” which could be an obstacle?
  • Will you temporarily remove any obstacle to seeing or hearing GOD so “those people” will someday mature to follow HIM on their own?

No comments:

Post a Comment