Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Intentional

 

Intentional

1 Corinthians 16: Now, concerning what you wrote about the money to be raised to help God's people in Judea. You must do what I told the churches in Galatia to do. Every Sunday each of you must put aside some money, in proportion to what you have earned, and save it up, so that there will be no need to collect money when I come. After I come, I shall give letters of introduction to those you have approved, and send them to take your gift to Jerusalem. If it seems worthwhile for me to go, then they can go along with me.

 

============

 

Driving in a certain area of this city, I noticed the restaurants, stores and services. I noted what I saw so I could come back one day. But when I served a homeless shelter, the van driver drove the same street pointing out homeless people. I did not notice them! The longer we rode around the more embarrassed I was because they were right in front of my face and I did not see them.

 

  • The homeless were invisible to me.
  • The homeless were unseen because I was thinking of my own problems.
  • The homeless were not even a thought during my normal day to day escapades.

 

Paul addresses what to do with the money they raised for those in need. They must have had a desire to give and wanted to know how. Paul gave a guideline to be intentional and set aside some money to give to those in need. He also challenged them to “go” and see those in need.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to be intentional about giving to those in need.
  • GOD wants me to also go and help those in need.
  • GOD wants me to be checked out by others to ensure I am serving with the right motive.

 

Serving the needy is important to GOD. I mean, there are enough evil people who rob, steal and kill. GOD sees that too. BUT HE sends people to comfort those in need. There are many who need and people cannot see.

 

Some may appear rich but are in need. Others may just be barely hanging on but appear as if everything is alight. GOD wants me to be intentional in seeking those in need so my service will be to HIM. I am glad people saw me when I was in need and equally glad to serve those HE shows me.

 

Challenge

  • Do you see the desire to give form this group?
  • What ways can you be more intentional in your giving?
  • Is there something you could postpone so you can give to those in need?
  • Are you in need and barely hanging on?

 

Dear LORD, this is a special prayer for those in need. Please provide today. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment