Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Creator’s Choice

Creator’s Choice

1 Corinthians 15: 35 Someone will ask, “How can the dead be raised to life? What kind of body will they have?” 36 You fool! When you plant a seed in the ground, it does not sprout to life unless it dies. 37 And what you plant is a bare seed, perhaps a grain of wheat or some other grain, not the full-bodied plant that will later grow up. 38 God provides that seed with the body he wishes; he gives each seed its own proper body.

 

39 And the flesh of living beings is not all the same kind of flesh; human beings have one kind of flesh, animals another, birds another, and fish another.

 

============

 

Art was my favorite class. I could do something very different than the next person and my work would still be appreciated. I learned to color outside the lines in coloring books. Doodling helped me rest my mind and drawing cartoon style soon became a desire.

 

  • I love creativity.
  • I appreciate what people can come up with.
  • I enjoy seeing other people’s talents.

 

Paul attempts to address questions people may have about the after-life. One question is “What kind of body will they have” in reference to being raised from the dead. He harshly points us to the Creator. He uses an analogy that humans can plant seeds but only GOD can make the seed that is planted.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to reduce my wondering “Why HE made me the way I am.”
  • GOD wants me to be excited that HE created me with excitement.
  • GOD wants me to appreciate that HE created me one of a kind and was pleased.

 

What I am and what I will become is up to GOD. I mean, HE is the one who shaped me in this body and when HE transforms me into the “proper body”, that too will be HIS choice. The exception will be I will have full appreciation of HIS artistry.

 

HE creates humans with unique nuances as well as animals and birds and fish. Not one thing is the same. GOD’s perfection is an art. I appreciate that GOD enjoys uniqueness.

 

Challenge

  • Have you ever asked GOD “Why did you make me this way?”
  • What is the writer’s reaction towards questioning the body type in the after-life?
  • Which word comes to mind when recognizing GOD’s creation of you or other’s; appreciation, harmony or purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment