Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Proof of Love

Proof of Love

1 Corinthians 15: I passed on to you what I received, which is of the greatest importance: that Christ died for our sins, as written in the Scriptures; that he was buried and that he was raised to life three days later, as written in the Scriptures; that he appeared to Peter and then to all twelve apostles. Then he appeared to more than five hundred of his followers at once, most of whom are still alive, although some have died. Then he appeared to James, and afterward to all the apostles.

 

============

 

Love at eight years old was easy. Take a piece of paper and write a note with one question, “Do you like me?” and provide two answers, “Yes or No”,  if you were super cool or three “Yes, No or Maybe” for the rest of us. The answer would provide solid proof of a match or not. Was more proof needed?

 

  • Love is difficult to prove.
  • Love can be misunderstood.
  • Love seems like it should be easy, but can get very complicated.

 

Paul makes the gospel as clear and simple as possible. He explains that JESUS died for our sins, was buried for three days and was raised from the dead. Why did JESUS do this for us? Because HE loved us. Does HIS love require more proof? No, but HE provides it anyway.

 

My Observations

  • JESUS loved me so much that HE sent a COMFORTER to keep me from harm.
  • JESUS cared for me so much that HE was willing to take my punishment away from me and experience death HIMSELF.
  • JESUS proved HE was serious about wanting an everlasting relationship with me by becoming a human to be killed by HIS own creation.

 

Somehow GOD wanted to prove that JESUS was the one and only Messiah. I mean, HE appeared to so many people, HIS resurrection could not be refuted. The news of HIS resurrection solidified that JESUS fulfilled every prophecy, enabling HIM to be the One who could forgive any sin I committed.

 

This news is Good News! This could not be made up. JESUS does not have to die on a cross over and over to prove HIS love for me. I simply have to believe and my sins are forgiven. I am grateful for HIS love and for the HOLY SPIRIT, who guides me daily.

 

Challenge

  • Does this passage provide proof of JESUS’ love?
  • What do you notice about the urgency written here?
  • Could GOD have just saved people without telling them they were saved?
  • Why do you think GOD wants humans to know about the event of JESUS’ resurrection and for them to tell others?

No comments:

Post a Comment