Thursday, October 28, 2021

Well Wishes

Well Wishes

2 Corinthians From Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by God's will, and from our brother Timothy—

To the church of God in Corinth, and to all God's people throughout Achaia:

May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.

 

============

 

Not looking forward to being around this group of people, I thought of previous encounters that were uncomfortable. I remembered the negativity, so I braced myself, preparing for battle. It really ruined my day.

 

  • I do not like confrontation.
  • I do not like negative atmospheres.
  • I do not like preparing for battles that seem endless.

 

Paul sent another letter to the Corinthians. This time he had help from Timothy as GOD spoke through their relationship. Paul mentions that it was GOD’s will that he became an apostle, not his. He was getting ready to provide further correction but starts off with an unusual method. He wishes “grace and peace.”

 

My Observations

  • JESUS died for me so when HE was raised, HE could send the HOLY SPIRIT to give me grace and peace.
  • The FATHER agreed to lose HIS one and only SON to save me and give me grace and peace.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT agreed to live inside me, despising every moment I sin, yet begs for my forgiveness so I can have grace and peace.

 

A LOT has been given to me already. I mean GOD gave me HIS all. Yet sometimes, that is not enough. I say “Thanks for salvation, but where are my riches and fame?’ I may not say them in those words, but my actions could speak volumes each time I complain  about famous people or worry about finances.

 

GOD is GOD. HE alone is the provider of grace and peace. HE gave a specific way for me to have both, namely to accept HIS gift and believe in JESUS as the Savior. It doesn’t stop there. I also need to surrender the things I “think” I need and be thankful for what GOD provides. I am grateful GOD chose me when I would never choose HIM.

 

Challenge

  • What is the tone of the writer?
  • Do you think he cared for the people he wrote to?
  • When you are ready to combat someone, do you “care” for that person?
  • Will you change your mind about “those” people and stop making it easy to dislike someone who GOD wants you to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment