Thursday, October 7, 2021

Hope Actions

Hope Actions

1 Corinthians 15: 12 Now, since our message is that Christ has been raised from death, how can some of you say that the dead will not be raised to life? 13 If that is true, it means that Christ was not raised; 14 and if Christ has not been raised from death, then we have nothing to preach and you have nothing to believe. 15 More than that, we are shown to be lying about God, because we said that he raised Christ from death—but if it is true that the dead are not raised to life, then he did not raise Christ. 16 For if the dead are not raised, neither has Christ been raised. 17 And if Christ has not been raised, then your faith is a delusion and you are still lost in your sins. 18 It would also mean that the believers in Christ who have died are lost. 19 If our hope in Christ is good for this life only and no more, then we deserve more pity than anyone else in all the world.

 

============

 

I used the term “I hope I get” a lot, for things I wanted. I said “I hope I get the dorm and my friend as a roommate” not knowing if I had even been accepted into the college. “I hope I get the job” or “I hope this will work out” has sometimes grated against my hope. When the answer was “No” or “Wait”, my hope tended to wane.

 

  • I mistakenly placed hope in things I could see like bank accounts and material things.
  • I have placed hope in my abilities or “capable” people.
  • I tried to control situations rather than using hope as my foundation.

 

Paul spoke indirectly to a group of people known as the Sadducees. These people would be known as lawyers who studied the laws of Moses, given by GOD. Their unwritten motto was “Do everything right and you will have a good life.” One foundational belief that was problematic was, they did not believe in the resurrection of anyone, especially JESUS.

 

My Observation

  • GOD wants me to know there is true life after this life.
  • GOD wants me to believe that the same resurrection that happened to JESUS will happen to me, if I die.
  • GOD wants me to understand that HE revealed enough of the afterlife to guide my actions in this life.

 

Belief in the afterlife is foundational to those who have a relationship with JESUS. I mean, saying “JESUS” is not enough. I must believe that JESUS died for a purpose and was raised from the dead for that same purpose, namely to save mankind.

 

The power that raised HIM from the dead is the same power that lives in me and will raise countless people to eternal life. Placing hope in this belief should guide my actions. But sometimes I place my hope in “me.” I think of a plan, act on that plan and get discouraged when the plan flops. GOD wants  my hope. I gladly place my hope in HIS power and love.

 

Challenge

  • Have you pondered the afterlife?
  • Do you think the actions you do daily only pertains to this life or the immediate situation?
  • Have you ever acted impulsively and regretted it?
  • Will you take time to ponder your existence and seek JESUS as a place to put your hope today?

No comments:

Post a Comment