Monday, October 25, 2021

Help Continue in Peace

Help Continue in Peace

1 Corinthians 16: 10 If Timothy comes your way, be sure to make him feel welcome among you, because he is working for the Lord, just as I am. 11 No one should look down on him, but you must help him continue his trip in peace, so that he will come back to me; for I am expecting him back with the believers.

 

12 Now, about brother Apollos. I have often encouraged him to visit you with the other believers, but he is not completely convinced that he should go at this time. When he gets the chance, however, he will go.

 

============

 

Instead of being happy that a new person was starting, I felt a bit overwhelmed. Since I had been around longer than most people, it was implied that I would train the new person on how to do things while keeping up with my work.

 

  • I was not excited about the new person.
  • I almost treated the new person as the problem versus the solution.
  • I needed more help with change.

 

Paul provided help with change. People requested Apollos who had a large following. But Apollos was led by the SPIRIT to remain away for a little while longer. Instead Timothy was being sent. Paul urged everyone to receive him with open arms and to help him continue his trip in peace.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to understand that change is inevitable so I need HIS guidance when it happens.
  • GOD wants me to embrace change even when it is not going as I expected.
  • GOD wants me to desire things to go one way but accept HIS solution which may differ than “my” plans.

 

Continuing in peace is the goal versus getting my way. I do ask GOD “What is going on?” many times when I expect things to go one way and they go another way. When I ask for one resource, I tend to get a different one. “What am I supposed to do with this?” I ask GOD in frustration.

 

“Continue in peace” is the answer. GOD knows what I need way before I need it. HE also knows what I can handle and gives me exactly what I need at the right time. Change is difficult. I am glad GOD does care and wants me to continue with the peace that HE provides which surpasses all understanding.

 

Challenge

  • How do you handle change?
  • Do you automatically get upset first then calm down?
  • How can you help other people embrace change like the writer did?
  • Will you look beyond your current situation and see how to add GOD’s peace to it today?

No comments:

Post a Comment