Thursday, October 21, 2021

Flexible Plans

Flexible Plans

1 Corinthians 16: I shall come to you after I have gone through Macedonia—for I have to go through Macedonia. I shall probably spend some time with you, perhaps the whole winter, and then you can help me to continue my trip, wherever it is I shall go next. I want to see you more than just briefly in passing; I hope to spend quite a long time with you, if the Lord allows.

 

============

 

“Hello. How are you?” was my polite obligatory statement. I had a full day planned and had finally gotten my schedule straight in my mind. She replied “Terrible” Then she started to tell me why. The longer she talked, the more time ticked off the clock. Unfortunately, I had to say “I have to go” in the middle of her tears.

 

  • I have been overscheduled on items not concerning people.
  • I have spent a large amount of time on things unrelated to people.
  • I have planned my days so full, that I had no time for people.

 

Paul expresses his care for those who he wrote the letter to. He also spoke about entire regions he wanted to affect with the love of JESUS. He made plans to spend time with people, but knew his life was in the LORD’s hands. His plans needed to be flexible.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to make flexible plans that include caring for HIS people.
  • GOD wants me to be flexible to be led to places HE wants me to go.
  • GOD wants me to seek spending time with people so I and they can be made whole.

 

Worldly success comes with a price. I mean, everyone cheers a rich person, but JESUS spoke about the rarity of the rich entering heaven. HE said “Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

 

Not knowing the full criteria of the heart, I think JESUS was talking about lack of care for others. It takes a tremendous amount of time and effort to amass great wealth. This time is usually not spent giving or listening or serving. GOD wants time. The little time I spend here on Earth should have some of it focused on bringing people to HIM. I am glad people made time for me.

 

Challenge

  • What do you notice about the writer’s heart?
  • How can your time conflict with caring for others?
  • Will you add flexibility to your schedule so you can be available to GOD’s leading today?

No comments:

Post a Comment