Monday, October 18, 2021

Secret Hope

 Secret Hope

1 Corinthians 15: 51-52 Listen to this secret truth: we shall not all die, but when the last trumpet sounds, we shall all be changed in an instant, as quickly as the blinking of an eye. For when the trumpet sounds, the dead will be raised, never to die again, and we shall all be changed. 53 For what is mortal must be changed into what is immortal; what will die must be changed into what cannot die. 54 So when this takes place, and the mortal has been changed into the immortal, then the scripture will come true: “Death is destroyed; victory is complete!”

 

55 “Where, Death, is your victory?
Where, Death, is your power to hurt?”

 

============

 

After stepping off a porch, my foot landed strange and my Achilles tendon hurt. My first thought was “Man! Another trial!” This body has been bruised, sick and hurt many times over the decades. “I don’t have time for this!” I thought to myself.

 

  • I really don’t like to be in pain.
  • I also do not like being sick.
  • I also despise being worried, scared, lonely, sad, or furious.

 

GOD revealed something secret to mankind through many writers, including Paul. This revelation is something the world has been waiting for since the first human was created. The major question is “When will all of this end?” Philosophers debate, but Paul makes it plain in a few words, “We shall all be changed in an instant.” But what does that mean?

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to know that JESUS overcame death by being raised to life first.
  • GOD wants me to see that this act of love enables JESUS to judge the world.
  • GOD wants me to understand that by believing JESUS has this authority, I can and will be changed into the immortal where death will not be able to hurt me.

 

Is there life after death? “Yes!” is my belief. I also believe that at some point GOD will say, “Enough” and all of life as we know it, will cease. Death will no longer be a worry, nor will trying to “extend” life or its comforts. The trumpet will sound and nothing will be the same.

 

Another writer, John, wrote about the seventh trumpet. This was the last huge announcement of judgement in which seven horrible things were about to happen. I am not sure when this will take place, but I am glad GOD gave me hope that HE is looking out for those HE chose.

 

Challenge

  • Have you ever wished that the trials and tribulation would stop?
  • Do you find yourself losing hope at times?
  • Will you look beyond your current circumstances and know that GOD sees you and loves you and wants to spend eternity with you in a place that has no pain, sickness or worries?

No comments:

Post a Comment