Friday, October 8, 2021

It Is Who You Know

It Is Who You Know

1 Corinthians 15: 20 But the truth is that Christ has been raised from death, as the guarantee that those who sleep in death will also be raised. 21 For just as death came by means of a man, in the same way the rising from death comes by means of a man. 22 For just as all people die because of their union with Adam, in the same way all will be raised to life because of their union with Christ. 

 

============

 

“Wow, we have box seats at the game!” I said with glee. Our team was being rewarded for some hard work. “Let me explain the rules” said the gift giver’s assistant. A list of do’s and don’t followed because we represented the gift giver’s reputation. We would not have been there if it were not for the gift giver.

 

  • I have been places because I knew the right person.
  • I have seen things because of my relationship with the right person.
  • I have benefited from things because I knew the right person.

 

Paul explains that just being born is just cause for GOD to send a person to an eternal death. One human took all humans down to death. But one sinless human restored the relationship, namely JESUS.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants an everlasting relationship with me so HE volunteered to die for me.
  • GOD wants me to be united with HIM so HE provided a way back to HIM.
  • GOD wants all to be saved so HE made a way for all who accept JESUS to be raised to life.

 

Being united with CHRIST has to mean something. I mean, JESUS is the most powerful, all knowing all seeing being there is. HE is united to the FATHER and the HOLY SPIRIT. HIS resurrection gives HIM all authority. Knowing JESUS means a lot.

 

But knowing “of” JESUS is different than knowing JESUS. I can know a celebrity’s name but may not get the benefit that a relationship would bring. Having a relationship with JESUS requires that I admit I need HIM as my Savior and that I surrender my life to HIM. I am grateful HE wants a relationship with me because I would not have chosen HIM.

 

Challenge

  • How does the writer use the word “union?”
  • Have you ever respected someone so much that you were willing to act a certain way around him or her?
  • Will you be united with JESUS and give your life to HIM little by little so HE can use you to reach many to raise them to life?

No comments:

Post a Comment