Monday, October 11, 2021

Perspective on Things

Perspective on Things

1 Corinthians 15: 23 But each one will be raised in proper order: Christ, first of all; then, at the time of his coming, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come; Christ will overcome all spiritual rulers, authorities, and powers, and will hand over the Kingdom to God the Father. 25 For Christ must rule until God defeats all enemies and puts them under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be defeated will be death. 27 For the scripture says, “God put all things under his feet.” It is clear, of course, that the words “all things” do not include God himself, who puts all things under Christ. 28 But when all things have been placed under Christ's rule, then he himself, the Son, will place himself under God, who placed all things under him; and God will rule completely over all.

 

============

 

“It’s his thing” or “It’s her thing” were the words used to describe a passion or hobby. I checked my inventory and didn’t have a “thing” that I was doing well or consistently. “I wonder if I need a thing” I pondered. Maybe I could get a distraction.

 

  • I wondered if my thing would make me significant.
  • I wondered if my thing would define me.
  • I wondered if my thing would bring some brief escape from life’s day to day ups and downs.

 

Paul put “things” into perspective. He mentioned that the resurrection of CHRIST happened in the proper order. JESUS will overcome spiritual rulers, authorities and powers, then GOD will defeat the “things” that enemies do. GOD will defeat the last enemy, namely death and place all “things” under JESUS’ feet.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to let go of all “things” and allow HIM to choose what is best for me.
  • GOD wants me check to see if the “thing” I am holding onto will be raised or defeated.
  • GOD wants me to be excited that HE will rule completely one day and sin will no longer exist.

 

Why do people sin? Is a question I have asked. But the real question is probably, “Why don’t people sin all the time?” I mean, it seems humans are at a disadvantage. Being born with a tendency to sin, blaming GOD for my sin, while trying to be GOD and control outcomes to be in my favor, leaves me powerless.

 

BUT GOD has a better path. HE deliberately chose to live a sinless life, die for my sins and was raised to life and has all authority. GOD wants me to see the benefit in the “things” of CHRIST. I gladly seek HIS “things” as my “things.”

 

Challenge

  • What does “all things” mean to you?
  • Do you think the writer was speaking about specific people when writing about “defeating all enemies” and putting them under JESUS’ feet?
  • What do you notice about CHRIST, who has all authority, being willing to subordinate HIS power to the FATHER, even though they are one?

No comments:

Post a Comment