Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Second Chance

Second Chance

1 Corinthians 15: 56 Death gets its power to hurt from sin, and sin gets its power from the Law. 57 But thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!

 

58 So then, my dear friends, stand firm and steady. Keep busy always in your work for the Lord, since you know that nothing you do in the Lord's service is ever useless.

 

============

 

Cutting the tall bushes at our first house, I couldn’t quite reach the top. I didn’t have a ladder so standing on my toes was the best option. As I reached with the hedge trimmers, my arm gave way. My natural response kicked in and I tried to steady the moving blades with my other hand, which was bare. I only needed stitches, but the finger was not cut off.

 

  • I have had many close calls.
  • I have had situations that I could have really been hurt.
  • I have been given a second chance to do things right many times.

 

Paul gives us the Good News again. He explains that JESUS gave us the victory over a situation that seemed lost. Everyone must die was the problem presented to GOD because of the first sin. “But thanks be to GOD who gives us victory through our LORD JESUS CHRIST.”

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to stand firm because of the victory JESUS did.
  • GOD wants me to remain steady even though life may throw many obstacles in my way.
  • GOD wants me to keep busy in my work for the LORD, for even the smallest service is useful to HIM.

 

Sin and death cause fear. I mean, who wants punishment and who wants the pain of death? No one. BUT JESUS overcame death and released us from the sentence that wasn’t even caused by us.

 

Being born into sin doesn’t seem fair. BUT JESUS dying because of my birth seems exponentially unfair to HIM. HE took on all my sins and I no longer have to die eternally. I can have peace as HE guides me in ways to serve HIM daily.

 

Challenge

  • What victory is the writer speaking about?
  • Does knowing that JESUS is not out to punish you but to save you give you any relief?
  • When given a second chance to do things right, what would you do differently?

No comments:

Post a Comment