Monday, October 4, 2021

Faith Stands Firm

Faith Stands Firm

1 Corinthians 15: And now I want to remind you, my friends, of the Good News which I preached to you, which you received, and on which your faith stands firm. That is the gospel, the message that I preached to you. You are saved by the gospel if you hold firmly to it—unless it was for nothing that you believed.

 

============

 

Does GOD love me when I don’t get my way? This is the question I pondered many times. When I didn’t get healed a certain way at a certain time, I wondered if HE could hear me, then I wondered if what I believed was even true or not.

 

  • I questioned GOD many times when I got scared during certain situations.
  • I tried to fix people, situations and relationships using “my” own thinking.
  • I wondered if the part of me that did not believe would some day overtake the part of me that does.

 

Paul switched over from addressing issues written to him to speaking of the main reason we all exist, namely the Good News about CHRIST. Paul makes this statement personal to everyone who reads the letter. He states “You are saved by the gospel” but he qualifies his statement with “if you hold firmly to it”. Wait. Can I lose something precious because of my fickle faith? No!

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to know that HIS salvation of me is permanent.
  • GOD wants me to understand that when HE placed the HOLY SPIRIT in me, it sealed my salvation with HIM eternally.
  • GOD wants me to trust that no one can pluck me out of HIS hand once HE wrote my name in it.

 

Believing in JESUS’ death burial and resurrection is the foundation of faith. I mean, when I believe that all humans fell when Adam sinned it is the start of a good foundation. I can then understand it took a sinless human to save humanity. That human was JESUS who was / is also GOD.

 

HE was murdered by HIS creation and was raised from the dead. Anyone who believe in this will have everlasting life. But what about this life? HE sent the COMFORTER to live inside me to keep me from straying away from this belief. The HOLY SPIRIT makes my faith stand firm, not me. I am glad GOD gave me salvation that is permanent and to those who also believe it is permanent for them.

 

Challenge

  • What do you really believe about salvation?
  • Do you think salvation has nothing to do with your finances, relationships, health or happiness?
  • Wil you relax and know it is alright to question GOD and your relationship with HIM?
  • Will you also know the Good News can only be “Good News” if you can depend on the promises JESUS made?

No comments:

Post a Comment