Friday, October 22, 2021

Stay for the Opportunity

Stay for the Opportunity

1 Corinthians 16: I will stay here in Ephesus until the day of Pentecost. There is a real opportunity here for great and worthwhile work, even though there are many opponents.

 

============

 

“Why don’t you just leave?” or “Why not just give up? were the answers given to me regarding  hard situations. On the surface the short term solution of giving up or leaving seemed like a great answer.

 

  • I was thinking short term and throwing away the long term benefits.
  • I was thinking of myself and not others.
  • I was thinking how this situation affected me.


Paul knew his time in Ephesus was going to remain difficult, yet he chose to stay. He saw the “opportunity for a great and worthwhile work” even though he had many barriers and obstacles. Giving up would have been easy and he would have been justified.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to persevere during times of opposition.
  • GOD wants me to keep going when I feel like quitting.
  • GOD wants me to stay in places where I can bear fruit.

 

Whenever the Good News about JESUS is spread, there will be opposition. I mean, opposing forces do not want JESUS to be the ultimate authority in everyone’s lives. The simple message of love and surrender becomes a battle ground as it is spun into evil messages from those who speak HIS name, but do not know HIM.

 

Instead, hate messages and divisive, discouraging words are presented as obstacles to hearing “JESUS loves all who believe in HIM.” GOD wants me to remain encouraged so I can see the opportunity of presenting HIM as the only answer. I do not like the spiritual battle, but I am grateful the battle is GOD’s and not mine.


 Challenge

  • Would you make the choice to stay somewhere that you are not welcomed by some in order to do something great?
  • What oppositions are you facing that are trying to make you give up?
  • Will you ask GOD to open your eyes to the opportunities versus the barriers to HIS success today?

No comments:

Post a Comment